iPhone Clean Energy Charging Feature Announced, Coming to iOS 16 This Year: All the Details

Tata Group in talks with Wistron to manufacture iPhone in India: Report

Clean Energy Charging, a feature that will help optimize charging times when the energy grid uses clean energy sources, is coming to iPhone handsets in the US later this year. The Cupertino-based tech giant says the new feature aims to reduce the carbon footprint of its iPhone handsets. Apple said in 2020 that it is committed to becoming carbon neutral across its entire business over the next decade, including its products and wider supply chain.

Along with the rollout of iOS 16, Apple also announced that it will bring a new Clean Energy charging feature to supported iPhone models running iOS 16 this year. The American tech giant teased the new feature in its footer Press releasethe Clean Energy Charging feature will help optimize charging times when the grid is using clean energy sources and will be available to users in the US, according to Apple.

Back in 2020, Apple said it plans to eliminate carbon emissions from its entire business, including its products and wider supply chain, by 2030.

At the time, the iPhone maker said its global corporate operations, such as offices and data centers, were already carbon neutral but that it would expand its efforts to the thousands of suppliers that contribute to its products.

Apple aimed to achieve 75 percent of the goal by reducing emissions, with the remaining 25 percent coming from carbon removal or offset projects such as planting trees and restoring habitats.

In April 2021, Apple announced a $200 million (roughly Rs. 1,600 crore) fund to invest in wood-producing commercial forestry projects, which aim to sequester carbon from the atmosphere while also making a profit.


For the latest technology news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 Twitter, FacebookAnd Google Newsfor latest videos on gadgets and technology, subscribe to us YouTube channel,

spacer

iPhone 14 series price, offers on Amazon, Flipkart, Croma and Reliance Digital


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here